Welcome to the Holy Name of Mary Website. Holy Name of Mary is a Catholic Elementary School in the Diocese of Rockville Centre. We serve students from the age of 3 (Nursery Program) through grade 8. Our goal is to create a faith filled learning environment where students are able to excel academically. Enjoy perusing our class pages and our pictures. If you would like to come in and tour our school, call 516-825-4009 and the school secretary will make arrangements for you. All are welcome!
September came and went very quickly! Welcome to October and autumn!
In October, our students will be taking the CogAT Test and the Iowa Assessments. Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest and eats a healthy breakfast.
- CogAT Test (grades 4, 7) – 10/4, 10/5, 10/6
- Iowa Assessments (grades 2 – 7) – 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14
At the end of October, last year’s graduating class will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. Please keep our Confirmation class in your prayers.
- Confirmation Interviews (for 9th grade students) – 10/3
- Confirmation Retreat (for 9th grade students) – 10/14
- Confirmation 1:30 pm – 10/29
Some things to look forward to in the month of October:
- Book Fair – 10/6, 10/7
- Family Game Night – 10/6
- Columbus Day – No School – 10/10
- School Mass (8:30 am) – 10/19
- Faculty Meeting - 11:30 dismissal – 10/21, BASE will be provided.
- Picture Days – 10/26 and 10/27
My door is always open. Please come and see me with any concerns or questions you may have, I am here to help.
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Pamela Sanders
Mrs. Pamela Sanders
Registration is now open for:
Nursery & Pre-K and Kindergarten – Grade 7
Registration information has been sent home to current families and will be available during our open houses for perspective families. Registration information is also available on our website. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Viani at 825-4009.
Please click on the Admissions Tab to find out information on how to register your child at Holy Name of Mary School!
THE PONTIFICAL MISSION SOCIETIES
MISSION OFFICE OF THE DIOCESE
has announced that the
Holy Name of Mary School
are their #1 Fundraising Participants.
School Board Vacancy Announcement
There are currently (8) Open School Board Positions.
Each School Board Member is required to chair one committee of the school board.
The vacant committee chairs are:
- 1. Building and Capital Improvement Committee
- 2. Legislative Action Committee
- 3. Public Relations and Marketing
- 4. Alumni Committee
- 5. Development Committee (Fund Raising)
- 6. Enrichment Committee
For more information click on the blue school board tab.