On Sunday, October 31, 1937, an announcement was made that a school would be built to provide Catholic education for the many children of Holy Name of Mary Parish.
Groundbreaking took place on May 16, 1938, and the new school was completed on April 14, 1939. On Sunday, May 7, 1939, Bishop Thomas Molloy dedicated Holy Name of Mary School. A convent was built to house the Sisters of Saint Joseph who were to teach the children. The school opened in September of 1939 with 356 students registered for the first year. They were taught by eight Sisters of Saint Joseph and one lay teacher. Four years later, the enrollment increased to 749 students. In 1963, the south wing was added.
Through the years numerous students have walked these halls and there have been many positive changes. Today, HNM has over 300 students and continues to grow.